Dell Studio 1745 8x SATA Internal Slot Loading DVD+/-RW Drive
The replacement Dell Studio 1745 DVD ReWriter Drive offers the reliability you need to easily manage your data. This Dell Studio 1745 internal DVD-ROM DVD-RAM Drive lets you read and burn various disk formats to create absolute clones with minimum process error. It gives you DVD+RW DVD-RW Rewrite Speed of 8X with an access time of 250 ms. This replacement Dell Studio 1745 DVD burner drive has been thoroughly tested and is ready to ship.
Dell Studio 1745 DVD+/RW DL Drive Burner Features:
- Type: DVD +/- RW Optical Drive
- Slot Loading SATA interface
- Buffer Size: 2 MB
- 8x maximum write speed (DVD±R)
- 4x maximum write speed (DL DVD+R)
- 8x maximum rewrite speed (DVD±RW)
- 5x maximum write speed (DVD-RAM)
- 8x maximum read speed (DVD-ROM)
- 24x maximum write speed (CD-R)
- 24x maximum rewrite speed (CD-RW)
- 24x maximum read speed (CD-ROM)
- Media supported: DVD-ROM DVD-R DVD-R DL DVD-RW DVD+R DVD+R DL DVD+RW DVD-RAM CD-ROM CD-R CD-RW with 80mm and 120mm diameter
- Modes supported: DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I Ready, CD-Bridge, PhotoCD, VideoCD, CD-DA, CD Extra, CD Text
- Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Windows 8
- Regulatory Approvals: CE, MIC, TUV, C-Tick, BSMI.
- Warranty: 1 year warranty, 30 days money back
Note: This is bare optical drive in box. You will dismantle your old optical drive's accessories including bezel(faceplate), then install them on this new optical drive.
How to Install a Dell Studio 1745 Laptop DVD Drive?
Installing your optical drives is an easy process that requires a bit of attention to detail. Here’s an easy-to-follow-installation guide:
- Flip the laptop over, setting it on a sturdy surface with the side that the existing drive is on facing you. Depending on how the laptop is designed, you should find 1-to-3 screws holding the drive in place; these screws may be on the bottom of the laptop or on the side next to the Dell Studio 1745 dvd drive. Unscrew the screws and set them aside for later use.
- Flip the laptop back over. Carefully remove the old Dell Studio 1745 dvd-rom dvd-ram drive, pulling gently yet firmly if you encounter resistance/ This will be the drive unplugging from the laptop's drive interface, so a small amount of resistance is not unusual. Once the drive is free of the laptop, set it aside.
- Slide the new Dell Studio 1745 DVD drive into the empty drive port. Make sure that you press it all the way in so that the drive will plug in to the drive interface. Once the drive is in completely, replace the screws to secure the drive.
- Boot up your laptop. Your operating system will detect new hardware and will load temporary drivers for the Dell Studio 1745 DVD burner writer; insert the driver disc that came with the drive to install the manufacturer's drivers in order to get optimal use out of your new laptop DVD drive.